Intelligent Inventory Management,
POS & CRM Systems
Moneris requested to upgrade all the clients with the new DLLs by end of the Jan 2008. If you don't install the new DLL, then you will not be able to process any Debit Transactions from Feb. 1st, 2008.
You need to install the new package on all POS system, which is using the Moneris to process the transactions.
1. Goto Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
2. Select the Moneris DLLs from the list and Remove it.
3. Download the new package from Aralco website. (to download click here)
4. You might be asked to install Microsoft Dot.Net Framework 2.0, which the package setup will download and install it automatically as soon as you press OK
5. Select the POS folder (Which is usually C:\Aralco\POS)
6. Press Next, and it will install the new DLLs for you.
GST will be changing to 5% as of January 1st 2008.
From Main menu Go to File > System Options > Tax Types >
Highlight Gst and Click on Edit. Change the Tax Percentage to 5 and click Ok.
Notes: Please make sure all stores are communicating. To check please go to utilities > Communication status.
Check last connection status for stores. If its red please contact the stores and make sure they have internet connection.
How to do returns after the tax change
1. In the BOS create a new product called, for example, Tax Difference - assign any product code to this (TD for example)
2. At the POS, perform a return as normal
3. Once all the items have been inputted in the POS, the user will have to add one more product - the Tax Difference product created above in Step 1
a. This product is the difference between the GST at 6% versus the tax at 5%
b. The user will need to calculate the difference between the two taxes (GST at 6% - GST at 5% = the difference)
c. Manually change the price of the Tax Difference product - press the Price button, and enter in the difference calculated above
d. Before continuing, ensure that this product has also been selected as a return - select the product, and press the Return button (the user can enter in any reason for the return - i.e., tax difference)
4. Perform the return as you normally would now - proceed to the Pay screen
Toll-free: 1-877-ARALCO1 (272-5261)